Grace Reformed Trust Special School
Helping the helpless …
For while we were still HELPLESS, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. Rom 5:6
Grace Reformed Special School is a training school for helpless and differently abled children. It started with a humble beginning of training couple of disabled children in the church. God gave the parents of these children a passion and generous heart to voluntarily help, train and develop other similar children in the community. Parents of these children are certified trainers. School has a visiting physiotherapist, speech therapist, and special children trainer who train and develop these children on activities of daily living and vocational training.
School’s goal is glorify God by enabling these children to become independent, responsible and to be able to express themselves. Helping the helpless with intellectual and developmental disabilities so they can meaningfully participate in life.
The school offers a learning course that involves the following skills and activities for the students:
- Functional academics such as reading, writing, number work, time concept, money value, social etiquettes, and environmental science
- Daily living skills (DLS) or self-help skills such as eating, brushing, grooming, dressing, etc.
- Pre-vocational skills
- Speech therapy: speech therapist enables students to better express their thoughts and feelings through words
- Activity classes for art, craft, music, dance and clay modelling
- Computer classes
- Walking, speed walking, Sports, and extra-curricular activities
- Provides children with Occupational Therapy, a skilled treatment that helps children to achieve independence in all aspects of life
- Organizes Parent-Teacher Association or PTA regularly to discuss about a child’s progress and home program.
- Teachers and staff visit the home of every student in order to observe the child in the domestic setting, which aids the staff to guide the parent in the correct methods of therapy
- Conducts Individual parental counselling every month throughout the academic year
Donate and make a difference in the life of a helpless child.
Your donations will help us not only to provide improved education, staff, food, infrastructure, transport, and other facilities for existing children, but also reach out to several similar children in the community locked up in dark rooms and train them for a tolerable and better future! GRTSS is registered Charitable Trust. Your contributions are tax deductable to the extent allowed by the law.
Account name: Grace Reformed Trust
Account Number: 915020014009032
IFS Code: UTIB0000693
Branch: Majestic, Bangalore
Bank Address: Plot No. 41, Seshadri Road, Anand Rao Circle, Bengaluru – 560009, Karnataka, India